September 5, 2013

run in's with large objects [cow edition]

Sometimes black cows like to mosey around on highways where these things called cars travel upwards of 60 mph. I don't know whether it is me or my car that attracts large animals? Perhaps it was the stench of wet dog seeping from the interior that drew these beastly things near. Most cows meet death at the slaughter house but the exception turn cars into their slaughter house. (see what I did there) it's a tragic way to go I'll tell you because I lived to tell about it, unfortunately the cow did not.  For myself, the sister and the brother-in-law we were unharmed.  Seriously a blessing considering that there should have been fatalities, no doubt.

I really hesitate to post pictures I hate seeing pictures of accidents, they're terrible. But you can't tell a story like this and not show pictures.  And maybe to prove i'm not just being dramatic... yeah probably the latter.

How many people can say they literally scared the poop out of a cow and were covered in it. I even have stained clothes to show for it. Did you know cows have four stomachs?  Because i'll tell ya they absolutely do.  Can we just talk about how my steering wheel is bent from said cow? The cow was in my car!! Inches away from my brother-in-laws face.

It's experiences like this where you really think about and realize what is truly important. I don't ever want to take life for granted.  In just a matter of seconds everything can change.  I know that we were incredibly blessed and it's comforting to know that the lord is in charge, always.  Sometimes I forget that and need the reminder.

On a much lighter, prettier, and less stinky note I got this babe today!

I start my classroom practicum next Tues. and I have a badge to show for it.  Ms. Hewlett, pretty cute aint it? 

4 comments:

  1. You are seriously kidding me. This happened to my uncle in Logan Canyon headed back from Bear Lake. It struck me completely ridiculous that he had to pay for the cow because it was open range. HOW STUPID. Also, you weren't being the slightest big dramatic. How SCARY! I'm seriously so glad that you are okay. I'm glad you scared the poop out of that cow because he should stop getting in your way & stuff. Sorry Meg. Hope you're emotionally okay. haha!

    Also, you have never looked better on a badge. Mmm mmm yeah. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding ME!! It never occurred to me before that cows would ever be on busy roads...I don't totally understand how open range works still but I totally agree that it's lame and honestly doesn't make much sense to me. It's not my fault I was driving in the wrong place at the wrong time. hah

      Anyway, hope you and Mr. Schroeder are doing fantastic. Miss you

      Delete
  2. HOLY CRAP!!! that is crazy! so so glad you guys are all okay! also, I'm jealous of your badge, I'd like one of those one day. and I seriously think we are sporting the same nail polish because I was scrolling through and thought your thumb was mine :) again, glad you guys are safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jana- I really hope we are sporting the same nail polish. then it means i might almost be as cool as you. :) but seriously is it sinful color brand?

      Delete