September 12, 2013

middle school and mirror selfies

Guys, it's fine the mirror selfies are totally justifiable now that I spend 21 hours a week in middle school.  On my first day of observing I was asked by an 11-year old boy if I was on the student council. Sooo take your pick on whether I look more like a 6th grader or an 8th grader. Solid 7th? That's what I was thinking too.    

Nothing has changed honestly. I'm still late to school. There is still no time in the day to pack a home lunch. I Still get lost in the hallways and literally retrace my steps 6 times before I end up at the right spot. The hallways still smell like axe.  Annnd I'm still harboring crushes on the cute boys. 

I'm not a pubescent teen anymore... well i'm not 12.  This week I have been STRESSED!  You could say I have had an identity crisis of sorts.  I'm just trying to figure out this whole grown up thing ya know? Every time I do something hard I think "this has got to be the hardest/ scariest it gets"  Three weeks ago I signed up for utilities through Logan City and would have told you I finally reached adulthood. That was it, nothing else could or would ever trump that task.  I"ll tell you it seems to have been trumped every single day since.  I still feel like that girl with braces and glasses who wore a training bra. (can someone please tell me why it's even called that??)  Also this whole adulthood thing isn't as fun as it looks. There is no way I'm old enough to be a teacher figure to these kids....I mean a month ago exactly I was still a teen myself. 

I'm trying to take this adult thing in stride but forgive me if I just wanna crawl into my bed and pull the sheets over my head for a couple of days.  

stay tuned...maybe in my next selfie I'll try the old duck face out.  JOKES guys, jokes.

1 comment: