February 14, 2012

the skort theory

I was recently asked who should make the first move, guys or girls?  Walking around campus on Friday with my friends Gilly and Taylor we we're stopped to discuss this topic in detail.  Some USU students were making a video where they got various opinions from students on campus.  Unfortunately my tidbit did not make it past the editing, dang it.

I came up with a theory it is called the skort theory. Remember those neat, neat skirts that had built in shorts? (I wore many skorts in my elementary years because I couldn't find the balance between being lady like and a child) skorts took away all my fears of showing off those, days of the week, undies. (alright so I never had those, but I'm pretending like I did because I wanted them so bad.) Anyway, back to the theory.  I don't necessarily think that only a guy can make a move. Girls should do their part as well, and at least hint if they are the least bit interested. Now i'm not saying I am going to go ask out every boy whom I find attractive because, well, that would just be weird.  Gender roles play a big part in this and most people would classify this as being forward. (my dad made it clear to me once that forward girls are annoying, funny story.)  So why not an equal combination of move making?  during the interview I compared this to the common phrase "the wearer of the pants in a relationship" If a girl does all of the work does that mean she is clearly the one who wears the pants? possibly.  So rather than a guy wearing the "pants" and a girl wearing a "skirt" each should wear a.... skort! A combination of equality in a relationship. Plus skorts are way cool! (at least back in 2002) and that my fellow ladies and gents is the skort theory.



Gilly is a star in this, yay for her! Hey at least I made it in the shot while Gilly is talking. I guess my recently discussed skort theory was too much for them to handle...or just far off topic. 

So, what do you think? should guys or girls make the first move?

always a pleasure, well usually.



3 comments:

  1. HOT.

    Note: Be Chased. And above all, BE CHASTE.

    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And how did that work out for you?" "Well..." Oh, that's precious. Megan, I think they should have used your skort theory.

    ReplyDelete