February 21, 2012

the life and talent of our dear friend, whitney.

This Weekend...
the Reese's Pieces got together! 
Eeee!
So G & M had a "group interview" for a summer job they're applying for (Cookie applied as well). So we planned that if it was a big group, we'd pretend like we didn't know each for our own sake--needless to say, freshman girl best friends can act a little like... well, freshman girls that are best friends. It's fine. So here's who was in the group being interviewed: myself... and ... well ... M. Awk? A little. She did splendidly! Not so hot on my part (hot.), but hey, it's whatev works out will work out! (*Side note--since the job is at a religious school that we are active in the religion of, I felt it would be appropriate if I mentioned spiritual experiences I have had to answer questions. M hadn't said anyth yet, so at the end they asked her if she would have a problem representing them. Strange? So she went on to say that she supports their school, as well as the school she and I attend--after her answer I casually dropped the line "Even though we go to USU, we keep the Honor Code..." Well yeah. Ok I thought that was funny, I guess you'd have to be there. Meh.) 

So we got together and had a "Celebrate the Life and Talent of Whitney Houston" party. We were pretty shook up about her death; I mean, how inspirational of her to "let the children's laughter lead the way." (I am aware that line isn't directly in the song, but that's the gist of it!) 
We celebrated it by dancing to... 
I thoroughly enjoyed that music video, by the way. 

Then we watched Cinderella starring Brandy and Whitney. And Whoopi. And Jason Alexander. And Bernadette. And an attractive Filipino. And Daddy Warbucks. 

Now, this movie confused me for many years. You see, the Queen is Whoopi Goldberg, the King is a caucasian actor, and the Prince is Filipino...? I definitely didn't understand genetics for a while. The music is great, the colors in this film are brilliant (costumes, scenery, etc). The acting... Ok. It's a little Wonderful World of Disney Film. Cut Brandy some slack. I still love it! 
Whitney:

Fall in Love When You Watch This:

Cookie and I grew up on it, we LOVE it! This was Meg's first time watching it. Naturally, she was asleep. Eeee! Actually, Koda the West Highland Terrier and I were the only ones awake; so to be obnoxious, I would make a loud and prolonged cackle during any part that was remotely funny! 

I also found out that my cousin is named after Whitney Houston. .... Yep. 

Well, getting together with the three of us is A.A.P.


(If you didn't catch that, it's "Always a Pleasure") 

2 comments:

  1. "naturally, she was asleep" haha ya i guess it's a common thing. It's not my fault cookie has THE comfiest bed in the planet! AAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out this week that one of my co-workers is also named after Whitney Houston. Maybe my co-worker IS your cousin!

    ReplyDelete