December 17, 2011

the conclusion

I think it's safe to say that finals week has been the best week of my college career out of the whopping four months that I have been at school.  You must think I am crazy for saying this. I will now try to explain some highlights from the infamous FINALS week.

-Not having classes meant two things, a. I could stay up late b. I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn! (did I mention I had a 7:30 class four days a week) (did I mention that it's over...and that I am never doing that again?)
- I saw my brother on campus for the first time. It's a big deal, be impressed.
- Many nights were unproductive because we would try to study with our neighbors. (they are pretty funny, I guess.) why is being unproductive so fun sometimes?
-A lot of hours were spent at the Lib. and a lot of Coke was consumed. (to get an idea, ask me how many times I went to the bathroom in one library visit?  okay I will tell you. FIVE times!) also I guess I should point out that this particular study ses. was 6.5 hours long.  It's a personal record that I am pretty proud of.  (That is even longer then my shifts at the lib.)  Gilly and I along with other friends found an empty classroom and made ourselves at home because well, we like to act like we own the place.  We could essentially do whatever the heck we wanted to in there. We didn't have to be quiet or act normal. Yes, we would randomly yell of frustration or suddenly start dancing to an oh so terrible song by Miley Cyrus as well as talk like brrrratz (it's a hobby of ours.) We would be doing math problems on the whiteboard and then we would draw pictures, practice our handwriting, or write love notes. I even tried to write on Gill's face.
I promise despite what it sounds like a lot of studying did take place. We just took, well, a lot of study breaks.

Meanwhile back at home my lovely neighbors somehow managed to break into my apartment and move EVERYTHING.  This is war boys, this is war!

-It was Katie's birthday this week!! oh she is just the loveliest, prettiest, and nicest friend ever! I hope you had the best birthday. You deserve it cook!
-I was at Mike and Chelsey's (brother and sis-in-law) house when I got home from Logan and we came across THE funniest blog post in my entire life. who knew one could shed so many tears from a single blog.
Click HERE to read it. You won't regret it, I promise.
-To wrap up the week I have spent the past few days with my big sister Katie. (I like to call her Kit just because no one else calls her that.)               Kit is my best friend.
 Our homes are now separated by four hours. It's the saddest, never have we lived this far apart. We survive by our daily phone calls and occasional skype dates. today we spent our time crafting. It is a love of ours, really it's kind of embarrassing but I have missed it so much.  She got married this past August so It's been fun spending time with her and Collin and there cute little place together. Thanks kids for taking me in this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy finals are over for everyone - all around high five!!! Nicely put, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg you are everyone's adopted daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. spoils of being the youngest i guess. When would you like to adopt me next?

    ReplyDelete