December 1, 2011

The uncanny whisper

Yesterday as I finished up with my last class I called Gilly.  Turns out she was done with classes for the day too. I asked her if she wanted to go the the library with me and she accepted.  The walking distance from the two buildings is approximately five minutes. So I hang up with Gill and start trekking through the bitter cold to meet her there.

Half way to the library the strangest thing happened.  I was deep in thought thinking about how I haven't run into a certain "someone" for quite some time.  Naturally I proceeded to straighten my dress, pull my hair out from under my backpack straps, and walk with good posture. (to appear confident) Just in case I saw him. Almost to the the library I hear this very subtle voice coming from the right that said "you look beautif..." I didn't hear the rest because we were walking in opposite directions.  I didn't even skip a beat I just kept walking wondering if that had really just happened.  The more I thought about it the weirder it was.  It was like I was sleeping and woke up to someone whispering that in my ear.  (I hate it when people whisper in my ear I can't stand that feeling of breath touching the inners of my ear. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.) I saw someone but I didn't see his face because who knows he could have been a complete creep.  And I was too scared to turn around and see, so I just kept walking and acted as if nothing had happened. 

Once at the library Gilly and I started our homework.  As I was wrapping up with some math I noticed her intensely writing in her notebook.  20 min later she sets her notebook by me and says "so, I'm playing MASH" I was puzzled because I was almost certain she was writing some 10 page paper. I then blink a few time and reply "WHAT? HAHAH" Yes Gilly was playing MASH and that is why I love her.

on a side note
My co-worker just said "it was when I was dating him that I started comparing boys to dogs."

well today looks like it will be a pleasure as well!

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that was the Spirit whispering to you that the certain "someone" is your eternal match. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA! Good work, Meggit. I like this. I still need to hear her comparison of boyfriends and canines. Playing MASH was def a GOTB (going on the blog) moment! Ha! Always a pleasure studying with you, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Maggie! I love you!

    Gill you haven't called me Meggit in a very long time. :) ha also the comparison was really funny. she described one of her ex boyfriends....and then she went on to describe what kind of dog her husband was. it was so freaking funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dog as in "he's such a dawg"? or "he's like a golden retriever, because..."?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes kit she is married. she really is like the funniest person ever.

    Maggie, she means dog as in yes, a golden retriever.

    ReplyDelete