June 17, 2012

sometimes we call him Father Time

 Hey there dad! you are one pretty cool guy.  I always say "you're my favorite dad" (when I want something) and you always say "I'm your only dad" with a courtesy laugh at the end pretending like it's not old. ahhh it's never old! 

I will always remember you pushing me on the swing in the backyard. pinching my sides saying "geeks" You would coach me through rec soccer and help me practice basketball.  You have always listened to me and supported me 100%. You never make decisions for me and taught me at a young age to take control of my own life. I remember feeding the ducks in between conference sessions.  You even taught me how to mow the lawn. (the responsibility has since been repealed) You would take me golfing despite my inability to play. I will never forget the phrases like "It will roll" (for the really bad swings). 

One time you built a cabin...I would hand you screws and watch you put up the drywall. You would give me shoulder rides to bed till I was like eight years-old I swear. I remember you teaching me how to drive in the church parking lot.  When you watched me back out the driveway the day of my 16th birthday you were standing on the porch sporting the appreciative smile. 

I still need you to kill spiders for me.  I still need you to remind me to pray on my food.  I still need you to tell me that it's fast Sunday.  I still need you turn lights on for me when it gets dark and i'm too lazy to get up. And I still need you to laugh at my pathetic jokes. 

You always taught me to be careful with money and to not live beyond my means.

You have taught me many things but most of all you have taught me the Gospel. 
You have shown me through example and Faith. And for this I am grateful. 

Happy Fathers day

Love, Meg

look familiar? refer to this post.

2 comments:

  1. I would say "nice pants" but it doesn't look like I have any room to talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all look very trendy. bring back the 90s man!

    ReplyDelete