June 10, 2012

my life currently

As of late I feel as if I am in some sort of rut. I'm home, but i'm hardly home. I have friends here, friends there.  Everything is changing it's not like elementary school anymore. No longer when I hear someone say "H-E double tooth picks" do I shutter like I did in the third grade. I truly thought that and getting bubble gum stuck on my face post-bubble blowing was the worst thing ever. Turns out its not? What, weird. 

My guy friends are all leaving soon or have already left on their missions. I got thinking that while they are gone they are going to change and learn and grow so much. Well what about me?  I can do the same, in fact I need to! One day they will come home and I don't want to realize I have wasted two perfectly good years of my life worrying about who I'm going to sit by in math class or what i'm going to wear to impress a boy (they don't even notice half the time). The problem is that I think we get so caught up in all these things that we sometimes forget other things. The things which make us grow as a person and help us become truly happy. We may be doing good things but are we leaving time for the best things? Or better yet are we putting best before good?

I personally feel like I struggle with prioritizing. My attitude is usually to do what I want when I want to. It's time to change that folks. This is me making a goal publicly so I will feel more inclined to sticking to it.  You may even join me or make some goals for yourself. 

I Megan hereby agree to follow these goals to the best of my abilities. I will not justify or cheat my out of any of these items as they are all very important and will make lasting effects on my life now and later. First and foremost I am going to dedicate more time to the gospel daily by personal study of the scriptures. I will be a good family member as well as helpful to my parents and do things without being asked. I will do my best at work. I will exercise and eat  healthy healthier, for my body is a temple!  I will be a good friend, honest and reliable and an effective communicator. I will not procrastinate projects and things I am working on.  I will hold my tongue and refrain from judgement. In the name 


these things and many others not mentioned will officially begin.....Now!

what goals are you going to make? 

No comments:

Post a Comment