June 20, 2012

I think I can

I just registered for a half marathon. Let me give you a little background. In high school I joined the track team when I learned about the 100 meter sprints. I thought it would be perfect because I don't like running but I could still do something while exercising.  Funny because I didn't last longer then a couple of weeks.

My sister-in-law asked me if I would like to run one with her and shockingly I  immediately agreed. Summer is weird in the aspect of not really working towards anything or having any goals. I'm not going to school so I thought why not?

I started training on Monday. The farthest I have run is three miles and all I can hope is that this thing gets easier! Last night I stood up after a long period of sitting and I felt like my calves had just given birth as I was  walking around.

And this isn't even a full marathon!  yow.


1 comment: