April 4, 2014

"THE CHURCH IS TRUE"

Today I think to myself. i should blog.... and then I think to myself how I have absolutely nothing to report. Wait a sec Meg, that's not true. Here's the thing, sometimes my life just isn't blog worthy or Insta worthy. You know like a life that isn't full of realllllly high-quality Iphone photos with cool filters of me being adventurous, wearing cute clothes and attempting to be witty in the caption. While I love a life that is full of "Instagram" moments. Is that vain? The last couple of weeks have allowed for me to reflect on things and really help me grasp what is truly important.

I have been able to experience new territory. Things that a month ago never even crossed my mind. It's so easy for me to criticize others and I do it far too often. It isn't until you are in similar situations that you realize you are in no place to ever analyze and criticize others lives. They're doing the best they can just trying to figure things out. After all there's no instruction manual to life. Heck, if there was it would be on a major back order.

The past weeks have been extremely humbling in more ways then one. Moments when you feel broken and confused you are able to relate to others at such a deeper more empathetic level. It gives you new eyes as you look forward into the future and interact with your loved ones, peers, and even complete strangers. It amazes me the things so many people silently endure each and every day. Things I can't comprehend, but i'm trying to.

I'll spare you the details of my own situation but I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and never forgets about his children. Even when you think you've been forgotten, wait it out. And looking back you will be able to see how even the tiniest of details were really working with you not against you.

Just last night as I was chatting with my brother I felt so overwhelmed as I was recognizing the blessings that have been pouring out upon me, Megan just a 20 year old girl. After a while the only words that I could mutter out of my mouth were, "the church is true!" Those are the same words I said when I was sitting on the side of the highway 8 months ago next to my sister after a car accident that should have been fatal. Those are the same words I said as I greeted my whole family one afternoon at my cabin which is literally my heaven on earth.

I know that Heavenly Father has a very distinct plan for every single person. Small details, big details. We need to constantly work on making the Lords plan our plan. And when we do that, what do we have to fear, really? I feel thankful to watch conference this weekend and hear from our living prophets. It always seems to come at the most perfect time.

And as I've said before- every post deserves a picture. Here you have Ky Pay and Meg Hew in their natural environments from a few weeks back.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! And I just love this blog post - you are very right and have the ability to put it into words so beautifully! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this Meg. The church is so great and so true. Love you!

    ReplyDelete