April 10, 2014

here comes the sun

The sun is out and life is better when the sun is out. Especially up here in perma-winter Cache Valley.

It seems like when the weather is dreary that everyone goes into this slight survival mode of sorts. Like seriously all I worry about is myself and how I can minimize, most effectively, the shortest amount of time outside. Because of this my brain is always on getting to the next thing. School and Work is all my life consists of. I probably didn't talk to people...honestly though i'm not really sure. I try to forget winters.

But now that the sun is a little bit more shiny everyone is a little bit more cheery. SEASONAL DEPRESSION is real, I promise. I get so excited by the thought of walking to and from campus because it's so enjoyable in these perfect spring time conditions. And everyone is a little kinder and a little nicer to everyone.

Just yesterday everyone was being so nice to me. well, people are usually really nice to me but yesterday was INCREDIBLE. There was free food at the institute for my lunch, then my roommate brought me oranges, my co-worker bought me a DP, and then my other roommate surprised me at work with dinner. I was THIS close to getting all teary-eyed up in here. And I didn't even make subtle hints at any of these things. They just did it because people are sooo nice, dang it.

Campus and college housing is lurking with anyone and everyone who has been secretly hibernating. The friendliness is full-fledged right now, and I like it. I like this. This is good.

It's hard to swallow the fact that another year is almost down. Another year thats escaped from below my feet.  Pretty soon i'm gonna be a big bad senior....or something like that.

Picnic at work with these lovely ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment