March 19, 2014

Spring Break

Sometimes I'm really glad I don't go to BYU....the no Spring Break thing=deal breaker.


This year we cruised to Mexico and absorbed a much needed, weeks worth of sun. (well I absorbed about 5 weeks in 1 week. curse my complexion.) This was a much needed vacation. It was so fun to be surrounded by so many wonderful people doing so many fun things. These are the years to be selfish with your money because like why not? This will forever be a very cherished memory as I look back on my college years. 

+We cruised around Catalina on motor bikes. I will never forget the way Paco rode her bike around like it was her last day to live. Determined to ride everywhere as fast as she could. 

+We raided Drew's nana's closet and each found a sun hat that fit our personalities just right.

+We rode horses along the a beautiful beach in Ensenada. Shalee and Cass were so disappointed when their horses wouldn't trot. (the horses were on auto-pilot and we literally didn't need to do anything and we would have been just fine.)

+Acquiring the nickname of cloudy for forever and always because I made one comment.
Me: "I'm kind of glad it's cloudy today....less sun exposure...give my poor skin a break, ya know?"
Kylie: "OKAY, CLOUDY!" 
I guess it wasn't a mutual feeling among anyone else. 

+Paige always resorting to the freshman to do things. "where are the freshman?? they'll come with me." 

+Bartering at La Bufadora (the blow hole) "5 dollars and a tequila shot?!" SOLD. except....JK Mormon.

+Swimming in the warmest ocean ever, really. And then finding out that it was infested with sharks and realizing that in retrospect we were the only ones swimming.....typical Utah Tourists.

+Being honked at by every car in Ensenada like we were celebs or something. 

+Assuming that when people were nice to us that they just wanted a tip.

+The boat rocking us to sleep every night in the literal comfiest beds in the entire world. I miss that most...

+Food. Lots of it.

+dinner. The servers all became our best friends and their poorly choreographed dances during dinner were the best thing in the world. Also our tables nightly routine of toasts, things we like about each other, and speeches on the last night. "money is a renewable resource, memories are not." -Kam

Now I suffer from SB withdrawals. The past couple of mornings have consisted of pep talks similar to this. "pull yourself together Meg! Spring break is OVER!" 

2 comments:

  1. Why are you the coolest person I know?! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Let's play soon? Xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete