February 18, 2014

Thank you Mr President(s)

Sometimes I don't realize how much I need to get away from everything until I am actually in the car getting away. And then of course I just keep saying it about a thousand times the whole time i'm gone. There is always stuff to do and more to get done but weekends where you can leave that behind and just pretend for a moment that it's not completely consuming every second of every day is just well, really nice. (a post from the same cabin trip last year.)

Sunday I woke up for some morning yoga with Nic. I am really starting to love yoga and the cabinesque environment made it just really great. Then everyone saddled up with their funkily-wonderful snowshoes and headed out on an adventure. We left right as the snow starting pounding us. Curly hair went straight and straight hair went curly and we all thanked the heavens for snow gear to keep us dry. I mean we're talking conditions worse then the supposed "blizzard of 2010" There was a moment when all of the snow on the hill we were hiking up shifted and we could see the break at the top...like an avalanche but not. It was terrifying and awesome all at the same time. Now my snow shoeing muscles are sore, the muscles you only use once a year whilst snow shoeing. It's the best kinda sore.

That night a couple of us took the snowmobiles out for a night ride. We rode into this perfect little nook surrounded by trees and mountains where we star-gazed till we were too frightened to stand it. It was seriously so beautiful though and probably one of my favorite things we did. 

Most of the time though we were just contently not really doing anything. Reading, napping, and snuggling while Mike played his guitar and the fire place crackled as background noise. Making for a pretty dang close-to-perfect weekend. (And food is one-thousand times better while camping so I have to mention it.) The food was decent. ;)

I loved being around great friends except it wouldn't be an accurate report if I didn't mention how out-numbered us ladies were on this get-away 3 to 8. Let's just say It didn't even surprise me some of the things they would do by the end of the weekend. And by the last day I think I started becoming desensitized to it all. I will say this though, I've never been more grateful for perfume when half of the groups sleeping quarters were in the same little loft.

Huge thanks to Zac for hosting us yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment