February 21, 2013

cabin love

Nothing says Happy Presidents day better then a weekend retreat.... in the mountains...with the best of friends. Our place of gathering?  Oakley, UT.  Oakley is just about 15 minutes away from my cabin so I am absolutely obsessed with that area.  Driving through Oakley is Nostalgic.  I apologize to Ky who had to put up with all of my "one times...."  we passed by a trail that the whole Hewlett crew would ride our bikes on.  A gas station caught my eye and a vague memory formed of all of us-post bike ride filling up on candy and drinks.  off topic much??


Everyone met in Kamas at Hi Mountain for lunch.  I'm such a sucker for small town burger places.  It's my absolute favorite.  It was such a beautiful day!  blue skies and t-shirt weather is always a plus in February.

It was perfect weather for some snow shoeing with these lovely ladies.  I always forget how fun it is.  and not to mention the workout it is. 



The cabin we stayed at was like the cabin you read about in romance novels....to a T. perfect and tiny with the sound of crackling fire in the distance and giggling friends huddled together in warmth. 



we finally gathered everyone together amid the snowmobile riding, toboggan pulling, show shoeing, exploring, and cabin relaxing for a group pic.  Today I am thankful for beautiful mountains.  

and now back to reality.  I know you're supposed to "find joy in the Journey" but I am really looking forward to some spring break beach playing.  But that will come soon enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment