January 18, 2013

iphone for the win

In case you were wondering I recently joined the iphone club.  My life has for sure changed for the better.  here's why.....

1. group messages
It just so happens that 4 of my roommates have iphones as well. All day everyday somebody is contributing to said group message. it's wonderful when you work for a few hours, check your phone and have tons of alerts.  we're funny girls, and you would think so too if you read it. but that's the beauty....our eyes only. What happens in group message stays in group message.

2. apps
my current fave is helium video booth.  This is like the Mormon equivalent of drugs...i think.  I could literally spend a whole night (wait already happened) recording myself and then playing them back with the helium voice. Never old, folks. It has become a new form of communication for me.  I will record myself saying something obnoxious in the helium app and then replay it at least three times and then finally send it in a text message to the recipient of choice.  I love making communication way harder then it needs to be.  Aside from the Helium app there is another one that bay introduced me to tonight that tracks your period. what? HOLLA.

3. screen shots
I take screen shots of everything. My current fave is the text conversation between my dad and me. I guess it's more one sided because his phone is never on so i just constantly send him texts hoping that one day he will respond.  He has before....i swear!

4. the alarm
I know, I know but lets be honest i have had my fair share of phones with annoying alarms.  Ones that sound of death in the morning. but the iphone default alarm is one that i can deal with.  And surprisingly I kind of like waking up. 

5. It works
it is so so so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn off in the middle of composing a long text message or in the middle of an important phone call. It actually works.  Siri is just the darlingest as well. I definitely consider her a friend. 

Also why did i not have twitter before now? it is way better then any other social media. I thoroughly enjoy it. 

P>S> imma bout to be an aunt again. eeeeee hopefully hewlett baby boy #2 is welcomed into the world today.  #ilovebabies #ilovehashtags


No comments:

Post a Comment