January 8, 2013

comfortable beginnings

Well hello spring semester. Now when I tell people how far I am in school I of course round up and tell them I have two years left.  I get a bit giddy at the thought, then fear creeps in and washes it all away.   Where has the time gone?  A tiny bit of me worries that it will all happen too fast and that I'll miss it. I know I will miss it.  I live with five of the best girls I know at the best university known to man.  Here's to making this a semester for the books.

It's been pretty memorable so far.  Yesterday was the first official day and I hopped off the shuttle with a little too much confidence I guess because I.FELL.flat.on.my.TOOSH. (i'm certain that I fall far more then the average person.)  I could hardly contain the laughter that ached inside of me.  Falling is only okay when you're with your very best friends.  I of course was not with anyone yet surrounded by, no joke, at least a hundred people.  Picture Mia Thermopolis from the Princess Diaries pre make-over. That is how I felt for the three minute long walk to the lib where I actually found people I knew and could laugh about this with.

Today I started an institute class and dare I say I'm taking preparing for an eternal marriage? well shoot, there it is. I've heard that it will change my life.  So I took the plunge and registered.  The teacher said something very general about dating. He said that if we aren't going on dates it's nobody's fault but our own.  I guess it's just always been easier to blame the boys? hah well anyway I'm confident I will learn to be a good dater. But with that story above should I even try?  hah good thing i'm over it.

everything aside, This semester will be a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment