April 2, 2012

sheesters of mine

It only happens twice a year.  at precisely 6 pm on a Saturday men 12 and older are only to be found in church buildings across the state.  Year after year I am still amazed by it.  The hours between 6 and 8 is when the ultimate girls nights happen.  Go anywhere in Utah during that time and you will only see girls.  I still find humor in the sight.  Go anywhere at approx 8:05 pm, particularly fast food, all you will see is men.  It is the only time in my life where I have seen such separation between sexes. Perhaps that is why there is a priesthood session every general conference.  A time where the men get to be manly and women get to... go shopping. healthy, right?

Most years the girls in my family will get together and have a GNO of sorts.  One year my sister, and 2 sister-in-laws and I went to see Bride Wars.  I remember thinking it was a great time to bond with my sister-in-laws who at that time I didn't know super well.  Long story short the movie made me cry, okay I bawled like a baby. (to this day i haven't ever met anyone else who cried during bride wars) all in all i think a lot of bonding happened because i have grown particularly fond of them ever since.

This year the family has moved farther apart. And the typical happenings with sisters dwindled this year to a last minute trip to cafe rio.  Thank you Chels for calling me! I still have THE BEST sisters ever!


here's to all those priesthood sessions we spent together in the past. Maybe one day in a lot of years we can do an old fashioned GNO during priesthood sesh again.

I feel like being sentimental for just a bit. I am just the luckiest girl e'er!

Kit: thanks for putting up with me my whole life! You are the nicest person I have ever known. You are so smart and dedicated to the things you are involved in. You are always patient with me, even when I would try to pick fights with you Thanks for letting me sell lemonade with you, hang out with your friends (even when they didn't like me), and sit by you at lunch sometimes when I was a wee little freshman in hike school.... wanna wrestle? Most of all thanks for always being my best friend. You are a great little homemaker you! I can't wait till you have little Kollins!

Maggie: I was at such an awkward stage when we met...Thanks for accepting me nonetheless, hopefully i'm not as crazy as I was then. haha I will never forget the countless times Kit and I slept over in Prov, and how fun that was. I admire you so much, converting to the gospel, becoming a US citizen and becoming a Mother. I envy your cool name and the numerous languages that you speak. You are always so positive and cheerful. I just think you are the best little mommy too!

Chelsey: oh Chels, the first time we "met" was over a speaker phone attack. I'm pretty sure I was hocked up on coke recalling a story from earlier in the night when I almost died in a bouncy castle. And I will never forget Mike gushing about how good your hair looked after you cut it. (I think it was the lagoon date) You are so dedicated to everything also a convert, fitness enthusiast, and always loving life. You are the only person I have ever met who works out while watching the general relief society broadcast in your living room.... and THAT is why I love you!

Jenn: (official sister-in-law in 5 days) You and Justin are saints for listening to my pathetic stories over dinner. You are one talented girl, holy cow. I love running into you on campus, it makes my day. I'm glad we live so close. It is so nice to be able to come see you and Justin and just relax. You guys also give great advice! can't wait for the wedding!

lets all be neighbors one day?  and have kids at the same time so they are friends?? okay great!

always a pleasure, girls

2 comments:

  1. A tear just dropped on my keyboard at work...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully tears don't make for a sticky keyboard. :)

      Delete