April 12, 2012

look good, test good?

This is the motto of a few of my roommates which I ever so kindly decided to adopt for a couple of reasons.  The first reason being that I had two tests in one day so I really needed that extra oomph if you will.  Second, finals are approaching so theses are my last tests before the big one so I really needed a good test score.  Thirdly, (is that a word?)  it was a really warm day, so a perfect reason to wear my new maxi dress!


I went into a computer lab on tuesday morning to get some last minute studying in (not one of the labs that I work at) and I received the strangest compliment.  I say strange since it came from a stranger.  I gave the lab consultant my school ID card to get into the lab. He then proceeds to tell me the following.

"you look like you're ready for a stroll on a Mediterranean beach."  


thank you? (confused face) so I snicker a little bit and realize he is being completely serious.  At this point I couldn't risk over thinking it, I had two tests worth of knowledge already in my brain with no capacity for silly boys with weird compliments.  Maybe he has never seen a maxi dress before?


So you're probably wondering how "Look good, test good" went for me.  Totally worked on my first one, but I was completely pressing my luck thinking it could work again in the same day!  Next time I would suggest changing outfits in between tests because it seems the luck runs out real quick. ;) or....I'm just not capable of such math problems. bleh 


moral of the story, don't press your luck. (and you thought you were reading senseless garbage just now?  would that have a moral?) 


So give it a try. "Look good, test good" My apt swears by it.


AAP

No comments:

Post a Comment