November 27, 2013

This life of mine

I just read one of my friends mission e-mails. She is serving in the Philippines and it is so incredibly humbling to hear about the living conditions. Water that's so dirty not even a hefty water filter will make it drinkable. Children walking around in shoes that are 5 sizes too big. I could go on and on. I can't even comprehend i'm sure how humbling the circumstances really are because i'm not there seeing these things first hand.

It's seems almost ridiculous that it takes a holiday such as thanksgiving to remind myself to reflect and be grateful for this seemingly crazy life of mine.

I'm thankful for change.
I've learned recently that no matter how much we try to resist change it is inevitable. In the long run it will always be worth it. When one door closes others are opening all around us.

I'm thankful for hardship.
Without the bitter the sweet would never taste as good-or perhaps we wouldn't notice the goodness of everyday.

I'm thankful for Friends and Family.
I truly adore them with everything in me. They accept me for me. Any goodness in myself is a pure reflection of them and their influences on me. I have some of the best examples.

I'm thankful for pure and loving service from others.

I am a very blessed girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment