November 25, 2013

How to endure the winter in Logan

I feel like I should be a qualified source of info seeing that this is my third year living in the arctic. Last Friday I got home from work and was literally chilled to the bone. I crawled into my bed just because I needed warmth. This was an efficient way to get warm but not a very efficient way to socialize/ get things done. Next I sat at my kitchen table holding a burning candle in my hands. I was panicking, it was like I had never been colder in my life. What was happening? I thought I had figured this Logan winter thing out. Apparently not.  I was awfully suspicious though so I checked the thermostat and....turns out the heat in our apartment was turned off. So now I'm back to thinking I'm practically a professional when it comes to doing the Logan thing.

  • So first things first make sure the heat is on. 
  • Drink hot chocolate on the daily! 
  • Purchase fleece lined leggings (they're dangerous. Confession: when I put mine on I avg wearing them for about 30 hours straight before I get the will power to put something else on.) 
  • Bake as often as possible. (utilize that extra heat from the oven.. oh and maybe the baked goodness, which will also be warm)
  • Wear chunky scarves. I literally wore the same scarf like four times last week. SEE!! 


I don't know whats more embarrassing- posting these pictures to my blog (social suicide) or the fact that I took them in the first place. 

May we all stay warm together. And may I soon be the proud owner of an electric blanket. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic! Hahaha My electric blanket saves me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so good! I miss working with you!

    ReplyDelete