July 4, 2012

We're the kids of America

Today has been a splendid day. I met up with some of my family after work for water balloon dodge ball.  afterwards we headed to my brothers house where we had some all-American hot dogs and other yummy food. My goal was to eat 4 hot dogs hence it's the 4th day of the month. I was one dog short, I'm still pretty worked up about it. (hope I didn't ruin america's birthday) We had just started playing a friendly game of "catch phrase" when the night was beginning to light up.  It was tonight amidst all this newness that I realized I had never actually been home on the fourth of July...EVER.  We are usually at our family cabin but because the fourth landed on a Wednesday we were home.  You guys I went nuts. I never knew what a happening place the city was on such a day like this.  We see fireworks after the traditional rodeo we go to at my cabin, but this, this was crazy town.  Fireworks were e'rywhere, i'm tellin you.  I think I was excited as a child on Christmas morn.  Leaving with a heart full of joy I decided it was time to roll the windows down and enjoy the smoky, firework-filled air. True freedom right there. It was lovely car ride home.

Happy birthday 'merica

No comments:

Post a Comment