March 21, 2013

summer plans 2013- Oakcrest style

Kamas meet Megan.  Megan meet Kamas.  Actually it just so happens that I am very familiar with Kamas because i'm lucky enough to have a cabin up there in the beautiful Pinevalley.  It is Practically next door neighbors with Oakcrest where I am going to be working this summer.  Oakcrest is an LDS girls camp and I will be working as a counselor to many seventh and eighth grade girls.  I am beyond excited.  When I was a wee little youngin I attended Oakcrest just like everyone else did.  My experience was not like most.  I didn't like it, at all. I was so homesick the whole time and could only think about how my cabin was literally just up the road.  My 13 year-old self silently endured because it seemed like everyone else was having the time of their lives.  The counselors were so fun and all of them displayed solid testimony's.  I wanted to be them one day....now 6 years later I actually am.  I'm going to comfort all those homesick girls because I have been there!

 I have connected with most of the other counselors over facebook and I already know and feel of there love for me.  Seriously these girls are going to be incredible and I'm going to be working along side them!

I cannot wait to meet my group of girls each week.  I already feel so much love for them.  I know that Heavenly Father loves them infinitely and is waiting to envelop them with his Love.  I want them to realize and truly understand their divine purpose as a daughter of God.  I know this is something these girls need to hear and I can't wait to share it with them.

Life is good and the church is true!  word


No comments:

Post a Comment